Sunday, July 24, 2011

Something New/Hau Tree Lanai

These past couple months, I have been learning to do things by myself. Usually I am occupied by my friends, when I go places. These days, everyones schedule is busy, and sometimes doesn't match. So when I do get time off from my busy schedule, I take advantage of the time to go places, get things done, and try something new.

I know some people who are scared to be alone, and always have to have someone with them at all times. Some people are like this, because they are so used to having company, which is understandable. If only they took a chance to step out of their comfort zone to break away from that habit, then they can experience the good feeling of not having to be dependent on or follow anyone else. By trying new things, life is more exciting, adventurous, and you develop personal growth.

Some things I tried/will try by myself for the first time:

-Eating at a nice restaurant (Hau Tree Lanai) for brunch (last Thursday)
-going to the movie theatres to watch Friends with Benefits (yesterday)
-attending a writing workshop (this upcoming Wednesday)

Payday recently came, so I decided to treat myself out to a nice restaurant called "Hau Tree Lanai." The Hau Tree Lanai is located in The New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel. For brunch I ordered the breakfast special "Egg Benedict Kaimana". Which consists of turkey, Canadian bacon, poached eggs on grilled muffins, topped with Hollandaise sauce, and served with breakfast potatoes. The dish was delicious. Overall the restaurant was really lovely, good service, and fulfilling food.


  A large Hau Tree stands in the restaurant with the background of the beachfront. (you can't see it in this photo, but where the glow under the tree is, is the view of the ocean, sorry about the lighting!)



always looking for something new to try,
Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment