Monday, July 18, 2011

Reorganize Your Life

A couple weeks ago, my sister and mom came to visit. They stayed with me at my studio. As my sister and mom walked in they started laughing. I told them, that my studio is my zen space. They both laughed and said "yeah, ghetto zen." So, to make my room over, my mom took my sister and I to Target. She bought so much stuff that the taxi driver and everyone was asking if it's the first time I'm moving here lol.

 Before:




After:

My good friend, Angelina, made me the beautiful, flower art above my bed. She used card board and oil pastels.

Its important to have a laundry basket! So your clothes aren't all over the place!

fact: it's important to keep your room clean in Hawaii, or else the roaches will come and parade all over the place a.k.a Roachville! LOL


As you can see, my favorite color is turquoise. The symbolism for turquoise is "to heighten creativity". This is why I love Kailua so much, the water is all turquoise.

My mom said I chose too much turquoise, to compliment the color, she mixed earth tone accessories with it.

The cute cubicals, are not only chairs/decoration, they are also used as storage when you lift the lid.

My mini lounge...



my mini office...


Vacuum is a must, to suck out all the dust bunnies and hair!


My sister and mom built and put together the closet, desk, and wooden/canvas cubicals. 

Its important to have drawers, to keep all your files/documents/crafts in order.


She also bought me a new curtain. (I sometimes dye my friends hair, and the dye got all over the old one) This time she bought two, black on the inside and turquoise on the outside. So that when I play salon again, I don't have to worry about stains, instead it will camouflauge. 


She also bought me this basket to put all my necessities in, so that everything isn't scattered all over the place. Its stylish, convenient, and easy for my guest to help them selves too.


      The built in storage mirror, that came with the studio, keeps products cool.

I love Targets brand "Method", dishwasher soap and hand soap. It's cheap, biodegradable, and the bottle shapes are stylish.


The hooks that came with it also, I hang some of my long necklaces here, so they don't get tangled up, prevent the jewelry from rusting fast, and for wall decor.


Back home, my mom re-modeled and designed the whole house. She is very creative(she's like an under cover architect/constructor, who never went to school for it). The latest project she did to our home (back in San Francisco) is amazing. She tore down the wall that divided our living room and kitchen lol. She also designed our new, renovated, modern kitchen. Since the wall isn't in between anymore, we can see the view of the Bay Bridge as we cook and eat in the kitchen. She is so artistic (I get my creativity from her), she's not scared to try new things, loves to travel the world(we always go on family trips, her theory is to try to see most of the World before we die), she inspires me so much.

For the past two years (thats how long I have been living in Hawaii), I have lived in two places so far. And in my past and current location, I kept moving my bed/furniture around, hanging stuff up, pulling it down, over and over again. I was never satisfied, no matter how much I changes things around, I never felt like I was at home for some reason. After my mom and sister re-modeled my studio, only then did I feel like I was at home. Because my mom designed it, the style is very modern(ikea), and it looks like a mini version of my turquoise room back in San Francisco. I have my mom and sister to thank, I love them both so much.

My mom knows how much I love my busy, on the go lifestyle. She told me that in order to be productive, I must maintain it by cleaning and organizing my life.

throwing out the dirt to make space for the new,
Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment